Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

98 e430 radio wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 09:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1998 MB E430
98 e430 radio wiring diagram

Hello everyone. So we got our son a new radio for Christmas. it a Jensen flip out screen with DVD and Bluetooth, everything. My issue is someone, before we bought it, installed a stereo and cut the wiring plug off so all there is, is cut off wires connected to the radio harness. I`m looking for a schematic for which wire goes where. short of finding a car with a good harness in a junkyard can someone give me an idea of what color goes to what? The car has Bose, but its not hooked up correctly. I have read that it needs low level input to the amp. If that's true, what is the best way to do that? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1998 MB E430
Well thanks for all the help!

i was able to install the head unit yesterday. What I thought were cut wires was the aftermarket harness. They did a terrible job of doing the connections. But the one that was in the car had the low level speaker connections and the new head unit had low level out put for the speakers. So it was plug and play. I don’t know how someone could mess up something so simple but they did. The sound is worlds better now! Even with the dash speakers blown and the door speakers blown and distorted at higher volume. So next is new front speakers and a sub!