Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W176 Electronic steering lock damaged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Class
W176 Electronic steering lock damaged

Hi there,

I have no power on dashboard and after I have run diagnostics it come up with error EZS – Electronic Ignition lock (N73)
B225464 The electronic steering lock has a malfunction. There is an implausible signal.

It seems they tried to jump start the car with the ignition key in, and this has damaged the communication between the ignition key and the electronic steering lock.

I have now a second hand steering lock same model but it needs to be programmed between EIS and Ignition key.

Does anybody knows if a second hand electronic steering lock can be re-programmed to the car original one? Does anybody knows who can do it?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2021, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml420
Originally Posted by Zecopeca
Hi there,

I have no power on dashboard and after I have run diagnostics it come up with error EZS – Electronic Ignition lock (N73)
B225464 The electronic steering lock has a malfunction. There is an implausible signal.

It seems they tried to jump start the car with the ignition key in, and this has damaged the communication between the ignition key and the electronic steering lock.

I have now a second hand steering lock same model but it needs to be programmed between EIS and Ignition key.

Does anybody knows if a second hand electronic steering lock can be re-programmed to the car original one? Does anybody knows who can do it?

Thanks

I had the same problem, sorted by a guy on ebay:6222mercedes. He provides an plug and play emulator instead for £140

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...4.m46890.l6249