Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Adding external amps to 2016 w212

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic
Adding external amps to 2016 w212

I am craving more out of the stock HK Logic7 set up I have in my 2016 e350. I've been away from the car stereo world for a little while now but even when I was last heavily involved there were a number of aftermarket processor options to add external amps to the complex factory audio systems while still allowing you to stick with the stock HU. What type of investment am I looking at if I wanted to do this to the w212? Does anyone have any recommended equipment they've had success with to make this happen?

I'm not completely opposed to gutting everything and starting over, but I'd prefer to try add better speakers a bigger sub and some type of sound processor to better tune what I'm listening to. While the Logic7 set up is fine in most circumstances I find that no matter what I do it has a sort of hollow sound at higher volume. Only being able to play with 3 generic frequencies I'm sure is part of the issue but having spent a lot of my life pulling stock systems out of cars and replacing them I know that no matter how premium a factory set up is, it is no where near even the mid-level of the aftermarket audio equipment I'd be replacing it with.

I appreciate any and all insight that this forum can provide on this!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 359 Likes on 233 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon, 2017 Z51 Corvette
To pull a signal and keep the OEM HU you can use the NAV-TV unit. From there the sky is the limit.