Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command display Time/Clock not displaying/working anymore

Old 02-15-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 CDi 2012
Command display Time/Clock not displaying/working anymore

On my 2012 E350 Cdi Coupe (a W212 I believe), the inbuilt display in the center console is no longer displaying the time, and the area in settings where you can set the time is grayed out, so you cannot select it.

When you turn the car on, the analogue clock in the dash will wind around to display the correct time, but remains static at the time you started the car, until you next turn off and start the car again.

It did this 1 year ago for maybe 24 hours, then it started working again. Ive turned the car on about 8 times today and done multiple journeys, but the time always remains off. Everything else is working 100% fine from what I can see and have checked (all other dials/lights etc). And yes, the engine/ignition is on, if you stop the engine, you do get the message "Please switch on the ignition to display the clock."... so its not a case of me not turning the car on fully and that message goes away if you turn the engine on.

Im a bit puzzled by this.. I could understand the Analogue clock failing... and Im guessing that the comand system has an inbuilt time/clock chip, so it pulls the time from that, then pushes that data to the analogue clock. My only thought is that the chip that sends the time data to the screen has gone kaput somehow (burned out or a bad solder joint on the circuit board... or something like that).

Has anyone seen this, or have any other thoughts?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2019, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E400 Coupe
Setting analog clock without command

Hello
Is there a way to set the analog clock without the Command Center? Please help! Thank you!