Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2016 - 2017 CLS with Android Auto...How do you access the audio controls???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 08:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
2016 - 2017 CLS with Android Auto...How do you access the audio controls???

Hi, How do you change treble, bass, and surround sound while using android auto. I can't access the audio controls!!! Sound is horrible without audio controls. I have tried to change them in the bluetooth setting but when I switch back to android auto sound is still flat...bluetooth sounds way better. Please tell me someone has a fix for this.

Regards,

LF
Old 02-26-2019, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
Originally Posted by france2112
Hi, How do you change treble, bass, and surround sound while using android auto. I can't access the audio controls!!! Sound is horrible without audio controls. I have tried to change them in the bluetooth setting but when I switch back to android auto sound is still flat...bluetooth sounds way better. Please tell me someone has a fix for this.

Regards,

LF
i have an e400 coupe with CarPlay, but I’m sure the process is the same.

Go and edit your sound settings WITHOUT having your phone connected. You can adjust sound settings this way. Once you’re satisfied, you can connect your phone
Old 02-27-2019, 12:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by skrskrr

i have an e400 coupe with CarPlay, but I’m sure the process is the same.

Go and edit your sound settings WITHOUT having your phone connected. You can adjust sound settings this way. Once you’re satisfied, you can connect your phone
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting to change the sound settings in a different source i.e....the bluetooth, radio, USB, etc...? That does nothing except change the sound in those sources, not when connected to Android Auto. There is a HUGE difference when I am connect to bluetooth vs android auto for music. The android auto sound is flat with no treble, bass, or surround sound. The bluetooth great since I can access the audio controls by clicking the little note icon in the right corner and change whatever I want. When I am in android auto, the little note icon in not available. I had a 2018 C-class loaner for a few days and they seemed to rectify this on that comand unit. The note icon is available in the right lower corner while in android auto. You can exit out of android auto without closing it and go to the source settings. There you can change everything then go back to android auto and the music was amazing...like night and day! Thanks again and if you have any other ideas I would appreciate it.

Regards,

LF