Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CLK SWC wiring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 E350 Bluetec, 2014 GLK250, 2007 CLK350 convertible
CLK SWC wiring

Hi, does anyone know the correct wiring for the steering wheel controls for an '02 CLK55? When I bought the car it came with an Alpine head unit with the PAC adapters for the SWC. I am going back to the original style radio because I prefer the original look. With the new (old) radio installed it plays fine but I am not getting the controls on the steering wheel. I get the "Audio" heading on the instrument panel but that is it. I am wondering if the pins had been changed around when the Alpine was installed. I am attaching a picture of the plug, does anyone know if the wires are in the correct position?

Old 02-07-2023, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 CLK430 Vert & 03 E500
Originally Posted by derekwh
Hi, does anyone know the correct wiring for the steering wheel controls for an '02 CLK55? When I bought the car it came with an Alpine head unit with the PAC adapters for the SWC. I am going back to the original style radio because I prefer the original look. With the new (old) radio installed it plays fine but I am not getting the controls on the steering wheel. I get the "Audio" heading on the instrument panel but that is it. I am wondering if the pins had been changed around when the Alpine was installed. I am attaching a picture of the plug, does anyone know if the wires are in the correct position?

I'm faced with the same situation.Did you every figure out the wires?