Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

know the exact version of Comand with vin number

Old 03-27-2019, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE 350d Designo 2016, E350 2011 A207 Cabriolet
know the exact version of Comand with vin number

Hi guys
I recently acquire a GLE 350d 2016
I would like to know what is the exact version of Comand I have in it, is it possible with Vin number ?

+ is it able to show the ''cluster'' in the comand screen ? look like an option ?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2019, 10:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,816 Likes on 3,006 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Decode your VIN here: datamb.com COMAND version should be listed in the resulting output.
The following users liked this post:
Jfivny (04-15-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE 350d Designo 2016, E350 2011 A207 Cabriolet
good ! Thanks ! !
Old 04-02-2019, 11:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Mercedes E350 BlueTEC
Been a while on this thread but...I looked up my VIN per the suggestion from jimo (thank you) but all it tells me is that I have "COMAND APS WITH DVD CHANGER". Can't find a version in the list it spits out for my 2011 E350 BlueTec W212. At least I think my E is a "W212"; just bought the car and I'm still learning Merc lingo. I don't really care about the version of COMAND, I just want to know if it is upgradable via a flash upgrade of some sort. My issue is this, the vehicle came with a media interface cable that has both an old Apple 30 Pin connector and an auxiliary audio jack...both great back in the day but slightly dated now. I was hoping to find a media interface cable with a Lightening connector, and I did, Mercedes OEM and everything. Trouble is when I plug it in and plug in my iPhone 7 I get the following message on my COMAND display, "Device incompatible". I hate when things are not backward compatible...actually I guess this would be forward compatible. Anyway, the cable is working partially because the phone is getting a charge...but nothing else.

Other things I tried: I did try to use a 30 Pin to Lightening adapter...no joy. I did get it to charge but otherwise, nothing, not even the Device incompatible message. I am aware I can use BlueTooth and I do, but I'm not a big fan of the BT connection, it is quirky to connect, doesn't sound great, and I still have to connect a cable to charge. Using the 1/8" audio jack that is incorporated into my existing media interface cable is not an option...remember...no audio jack on the iPhone 7, you have to use the 1/8" audio jack to Lightening dongle that came with the phone and if you do audio that way...that equals no charging.

So, as they say, those are my first world problems (I love first world problems...they are far less life threatening than 2nd and 3rd world ones...i.e. I'm thankful to be where I am). Does anyone know about backward/forward compatibility with the COMAND system and iPhones? Is COMAND upgradeable/updatable? If so, how? Will that upgrade allow me to use the Mercedes OEM Lighting cable? The part number for the new Mercedes OEM media interface Lightening cable is A000 827 12 00...The part number of the MI cable that came with the car is A001 827 85 04. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Mercedes E350 BlueTEC
Well, I answered my own question on this. I took the car to the dealer with the two media interface cables. The told me the newer lightning cable does not work with the older Comand system...no updates will cure that. Disappointing.