Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

E320 w211 / s211 2005 estate / wagon stereo switching on and off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e320
E320 w211 / s211 2005 estate / wagon stereo switching on and off

Help please... my stereo sound keeps switching off and then back on... sometimes the HU power re-cycles completely...
i have tried an optic loop on the sat nav unit located in the boot, but made no difference.
The pattern i am seeing is after approx 1hr, i assume because the stereo units are warming, is the sound stays on longer...
I want to try putting the optic loop in some of the other units in the stereo circuit , but i can’t locate them on the estate / wagon. I understand that the AGW is a common issue from reading here....but before i swap out, Can anyone please advise where the units are for me to test or advise otherwise... thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e320
Originally Posted by Wiz8rd
Help please... my stereo sound keeps switching off and then back on... sometimes the HU power re-cycles completely...
i have tried an optic loop on the sat nav unit located in the boot, but made no difference.
The pattern i am seeing is after approx 1hr, i assume because the stereo units are warming, is the sound stays on longer...
I want to try putting the optic loop in some of the other units in the stereo circuit , but i can’t locate them on the estate / wagon. I understand that the AGW is a common issue from reading here....but before i swap out, Can anyone please advise where the units are for me to test or advise otherwise... thanks in advance.
Problem resolved by replacing the amp .....!