Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand NTG2 Aux question (with picture)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 280 Sport
Comand NTG2 Aux question (with picture)

Hi All, long time lurker.. first time poster..

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me confirm how to resolve an issue with connecting up my original Aux connector in the glove box of my CLK280 Sport.

It seems there's an old style iPod connector that's connected to the aux connection and I'd like to disconnect this and reconnect the original 3.5mm jack connection.

The plug circled in red is what I believe to be the Aux connection. It's the same shape as the the Mercedes aux connections I've seen on eBay so I think I've got this right although I could be wrong.

The plug circled in yellow was not connected to anything when I pulled the NTG2 out of the dash so I'm thinking this may be the original 3.5mm jack connection although it's wired into the white aux plug. There are no other disconnected plugs elsewhere behind the dash.

Circled in green, is the old style iPod connector. I can't seem to get my hand to where this feeds in from the glove box so I'm unable to see where it's leading to. There are three cables plugged into the back of the Comand NTG2 that have a similar insulation as the iPod connector but they all have an antenna type connection so I don't think any of these are involved but again, i could be wrong.

On a slightly different subject I'll eventually be looking to change the NTG2 for an Xtrons Android head unit. What I'd like to know is how I could set the clock in the instrument cluster after I make the change. Setting the clock is the only feature of the NTG2 that is unlikely to exist on the Android system. Would this mean I would need to split the wiring harness and re-connect the NTG2 twice a year to update the clock for daylight saving time?... or is there another way?

I'd be massively grateful if anyone is able to clarify this for me so I can put my car back together