Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W204 HK upgrade: Prima 8.9 and then...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63
W204 HK upgrade: Prima 8.9 and then...

Recently picked up a 507 w204 c63 w Logic 7 HK, and like many (mainly Mike5215) I was immediately thrown by how harsh and unbalanced the stereo was (ear piercing highs, no low end and minimal pop in the mid range). I came from a 2009 g37 with Bose system that was so much more enjoyable to listen to at volume.

I’m in the process of starting my upgrade and have completed some installs in the past, so hoping to do most of the work myself. I found a great deal on a prima 8.9 and it should be arriving next week. But before I move forward I wanted to get some thoughts from the experts on the forums. I’ve read many post but couldn’t mind much of a consensus and wasn’t sure out Mike experience with the e class would translate.

1. I’m on the fence about amplifying the existing HK sub or purchasing the bass link. I may be able to get a deal on a mono prima for $200 but not sure I would be just better off with the basslink.

2. I am also going to install a CarPlay module and add in a front view camera. I’m assuming the Prima will help address any audio challenges coming out of that module but curious if there is a better way to get audio out of those module system. Right now I listen to Spotify (320k) via the MMI with a 30pin adapter (from apple)

Thanks for any help you can provide!