Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

IPOD classic in W166 ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 03:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 ML350 W166
IPOD classic in W166 ML350

Hi all from Western Australia and a newish MB convert, I have an IPOD classic using usb interface that worked fine in my previous vehicle. I have plugged it into the usb outlet inside the front of the centre console of the MB. Mind you it has taken me 3 months to find this connector but is now plugged in using cable that came with IPOD and worked in previous vehicle. I have tried all sorts of ways to get COMAND to recognise the ipod including standing on my head. (Well almost.) Could some kind person point me to where I need to go, (now be kind), to find out how to connect this ipod preferably in words not exceeding one syllable. Hey I'm an Aussie give me some slack. Any constructive help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 ML350 W166
Originally Posted by tigertas
Hi all from Western Australia and a newish MB convert, I have an IPOD classic using usb interface that worked fine in my previous vehicle. I have plugged it into the usb outlet inside the front of the centre console of the MB. Mind you it has taken me 3 months to find this connector but is now plugged in using cable that came with IPOD and worked in previous vehicle. I have tried all sorts of ways to get COMAND to recognise the ipod including standing on my head. (Well almost.) Could some kind person point me to where I need to go, (now be kind), to find out how to connect this ipod preferably in words not exceeding one syllable. Hey I'm an Aussie give me some slack. Any constructive help appreciated. Thanks.
All fixed, read a few more posts from owners here and on google and changed my original ipod cable with the MB one and found the socket in the centre console box. Plugged it in with MB cable, said a few Hail Marys and the dulcet tones of Bob Seger came through. A bit of googling and a bit of rtfm and hey presto we have my ipod working again. Now to look at ways of fitting aesthetically an 80ch UHF and antenna. Using a handheld unit is highly illegal here as with mobile phones. I could probably buy 2 units for the cost of the fine. Anyway that's another story.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,963 Likes on 3,116 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Good to see you got it sorted and that there are Bob Seger fans in the Southern Hemisphere!