Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Key Fob case

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 05:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 ML350 W166
Key Fob case

Hi all,
I have two key fobs for my ML350 and both work fine, apart from batteries dying. I seem to be replacing batteries every few weeks. Since moving them to the other side of the house when not in use, further away from the car, the period seems to be a bit longer. Now my wife carries the spare in her handbag which is why I am here. Does anybody know of a case/bag/purse that is available to put her key in. When we travel both are in the car and this has caused some odd problems from time to time. If hers was in a case that stopped it transmitting then all the better. Any body else have any ideas please?
Secondly does one of the fobs act as a master key and takes precedent over the other. I ask this because I was getting low battery warnings for my key and changed the battery. Got into car next time and all fine. However next trip got the battery warning again. Then it struck me that the second time my wife was with me. Changed her battery, (key battery that is), and no more faults. Was wondering if one was a master or if the car recognises both. Seems odd as I got to the car first with mine and opened it etc with mine but it was sensing low battery from her keys.