Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Can someone help me with my amp? Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-240
Can someone help me with my amp? Please

The amp cuts off when I turn the system up lound but is fine when I set the sound sytem at a low range. The clipping light doesn't turn on when it shuts up nor does it get hot. All of the wires are connected and double checked. Its the amp! I am such a newbie that I have no idea what to do now. The amp is a class d 4 year old concept 1200 d amplifier. I just wanna fix it or at least know that I can't and dump it for something else. Help!

I've had the boost and gain set for about a year and no problems.

Also about the voltage cutoff. If I turn off my system and leave it for a little while, the subs will turn back on when I turn on my system.

What do you guys thinks, Thanks for the help by the way.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
My guess here would be you have a faulty control component within the amp or a possible loose/cold connection. This could be the case of overstressing a component, higher than normal internal signal level, that was right at the borderline but yet passed the ATP, burnin, etc. Something like this is hard to diagnose. Probably, if worth it, have a shop put it on a bench and test it. Some will do free estimates, others will reimburse you for it if they fix it. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
It is probably going into thermal shutdown. The thermal grease may have dried up. The outputs may be made up of parallel devices, where one of transistors has died, which makes the others overheat.

Someone should open the unit and check the output devices.

Don
Old 07-17-2004, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-240
thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.