Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Tapping into existing Microphone 2007 SL55 R230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Tapping into existing Microphone 2007 SL55 R230

Hi everyone

I'm working hard on trying to get all information on my upcoming HU swap

I am stuck on trying to find a way to use my builtin microphone as I do not want to tear my rear-view mirror apart if I don't have to

I've read conflicting posts on some 2007's where there are multiple microphones and some there is a single one inside the rear-view mirror

I would like to know where this microphone terminates and can I tie in an aftermarket HU

I know that I have the MOST amplifier and every thread I read said that you cannot use your factory Cell phone when you use a MOST adapter, which is fine, but I have yet to find a post that says you can use the existing microphone on a new HU using the Mic in

Worst case I will rip apart rear-view mirror and replace the existing one but would prefer a simple solution

Thanks for any help
Old 05-06-2020, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500
Greetings. Did you happen to sort this idea out? I am looking to do the same and found the microphone wire cable as part of the connector to the Bose amplifier (I have a model year 03). I was going to splice that into my new head unit and was wondering also if that idea worked for you. Best regards.