Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

E63s Burmester reading FLAC files alphabetically?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 07:06 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 E63S Wagon, 2007 335i convertible (tuned to 400hp), 2011 Audi A4 Avant
E63s Burmester reading FLAC files alphabetically?

Just received my 2020 E63S, and am wanting to rip my cd collection to an SD card as the E doesn't have a cd player. Until I get a blank SD card I tested by ripping a few cds to a USB drive using Media windows player in the FLAC format. Ripping went perfectly, and then I copied the album from the music folder on my PC to the USB drive. When I put the USB drive into the USB 1 slot in car, I could then choose an album to play. The songs play perfectly, HOWEVER, the track listings are now alphabetical, and not in the order as their cd albums.

Any idea what I need to do to get the track listing to read exact same as the albums?

TIA!
Old 11-13-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
If the track numbers are included at the beginning of the file names and your car is playing them in alphabetical order instead of numerical, you may have to edit the metadata on the files to specify the track numbers. All of my music files are 320 kbs MP3s and I edit the tags with an excellent free application called Mp3tag.

I'm not familiar with the newer audio system, so you might want to first verify whether there is a setting that tells the system which order the files should be played in.

Last edited by Mr. Toad; 11-13-2019 at 11:49 AM.