Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Minor issue with iPod music library

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 09:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLE 350
Question Minor issue with iPod music library

I pulled out my iPod Classic (160 GB version) last week and connected it to my car (2017 GLE 350), and was happy to know that I had an additional source for music. What I liked was once it connected, I was able to search for music by album cover and also alphabetically (with the letter index along the right side). A couple of days later, I removed some music from the iPod, but when I reconnected it to the car, I seemed to have lost the functionality of being able to search the iPod library by album cover. Plus, the list of albums no longer has the alphabet index on the right side. So if I want an album that begins with S, T or W, i have to scroll ALL the way down to get there (That takes a while when you have over 15K songs in the library). Has anyone else had this issue? How can I re-load this information, especially the alphabet index for albums? I have tried to reboot the iPod several times but to no avail. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of how to correct this? I wonder if there is a way to delete what the vehicle has already loaded from the iPod and import the infomation again.

Thanks in advance!