Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

V167 multimedia headrest aftermarket install recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V167
V167 multimedia headrest aftermarket install recommendation

Hello everybody,

I looked at every topic on v167/w167 threads and found nothing related to this exactly, if there is, please let me know.
I bought a universal aftermarket kit for having multimedia on the backseats ( 2 screens.) OEM option was not available when I configured the car and also do not have prewired option on the backseats.
The user’s manual that is included does not explain how to install, it just specifies to connect on 12V where the fuse box is (no cigarette lighter adapter and it is too far anyway.)
I have been trough many threads, some say that have installed other accessories as a dash cam on the trunk’s fuse box with no problems at all, while others say that it is not recommended to install something additional on the fuse box as specified by the MB dealer and have cut the carpet and installed on the battery under the drivers seat.
I have the diagram that is on some threads regarding the w167 battery’s location and also have been to the users manual where it specifies where all the fuse boxes are.
So my question is which is the most recommended location for this install, having no problems with the car at all and having easy access. Also how to connect on that recommended location for me to do the job.

I appreciate your help,

Best regards