Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mirror Stolen: Homelink still work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550
Mirror Stolen: Homelink still work?

Unfortunately, someone got into my W209 and the only major thing stolen (or damaged) was the rearview mirror which has the homelink buttons on bottom. (My garage was programmed.)

Any idea if the code automatically resets when power is cut off? Or, is there some sort of power supply (battery) in the mirror that would save the programming?

The reason I'm concerned is that I have a separate vehicle (old Nissan Pathfinder) that has a homelink that was still programmed to my door after I just replaced the main vehicle battery.

I can't understand why a thief would forcibly steal the rearview mirror other than because of the opener. (I imagine they know more about this than I do)

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2020, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550
Update: Learned that you can easily reset the overhead unit to erase all codes. (On a Liftmaster you hold the learn button for 6 seconds, wait for the learn light to turn off.)

At least this erases all codes which solves this problem.

But, I'm still curious if anyone knows if the original mirror would have worked?