Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

INSTALLING BACK UP CAMERA QUESTION?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C240 4MATIC
INSTALLING BACK UP CAMERA QUESTION?

Hi, I have a 2005 C240 and I recently installed a new Sony XAV-AX1000 stereo, it's a huge improvement over the stock base stereo. I installed the radio myself using the Crutchfield pre-assembled wire harness. Super easy job, All i had to do was plug in the harness and no cutting wires. The radio has a back up camera option so, I bought a decent quality back up camera and it has 3 wires, a yellow plug that goes to the back of the radio and a power & ground wire. I'm not sure how to hook up the power and ground wires, most people splice into the tail light harness but, I'm not going to do that, that will for sure wake up electrical gremlins imo. I could install the ground wire anywhere there is clean metal to connect to so, I'm not to worried about that unless someone knows a better solution? The power wire concerns me, I want to hook into "key on" accessory power source. Does anyone have a recommendation for wiring the positive accessory on power supply? That's my biggest concern. I forget the name but, it's a license plate frame back up camera....it was over a $100 bucks. Thanks in advance
Old 09-19-2020, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.5 230k
If u want it to work when u put the car in reverse u will need a reverse trigger- the reverse light. If u want it on all the time thats cool but ull have to put the camera (yellow rca in to an av input and manually switch the creen over. That sucks.

mercs have low resistance in the system so ull need to put a relay as well to prevent the camera from flickering and turning off.

bottom line - take it to a shop. Unless ur in the nyc area - then i can do it for u 💪🏽💪🏽