Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2011 MB E350 No sound issue. Skip Audio Repair and dive into an aftermarket setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 e350
2011 MB E350 No sound issue. Skip Audio Repair and dive into an aftermarket setup?

Hello, my friend just bought this car and the control unit has nav and XM. The radio itself appears to be working from what i can tell but it will not produce any sound through any input(MB seems to be notorious for having no sound problems). I am able to navigate through the menus on the radio but that about it. Apparently the person he bought the car from had the car checked out at a local MB dealer and this is what they said under the estimate BODY ELECT CONCERN: "Right front can blocks and connectors are corroded. No sound from command" I found that i believe the dealership is talking about the Telematic CAN A located in the passenger side doorsill. I will verify if there is actually corrosion or not. He does not want to pay the dealer $1500 to repair this problem for it most likely to happen again, and would rather go aftermarket if possible. I have been reading a ton of horror stories about people with bad command units, bad logic 7 amps, bad audio gateways, and also damaged fiber optic cables and troubleshooting without the proper MB equipment may prove to be some where tedious. Am i able to skip the repairing part and jump right into installing a JL audio Fix-86 integration module and aftermarket 6 channel amplifier? I unplugged the oem amp in the trunk and started the car up and the radio functioned exactly as it did when the amp was plugged in. I quickly checked to make sure there was power at the amp but that was all i had time to do. Any input is greatly appreciated