Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

C207 E-class coupe 2012 - upgrade vents, analog clock, switch bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E250 CGI Coupe
Question C207 E-class coupe 2012 - upgrade vents, analog clock, switch bar

Following some threads on here and YouTube, I began upgrading my 2012 E-class coupe with a few bits from the facelifted version. The car already had the silver sports steering wheel and pedal covers when I got it and I've fitted the silver air vents either side of the dash. Also fitted, with some adaptation required, the silver switchbar which seems to work but the ECO button doesn't stay lit when the engine's turned on. The parking sensor, hazard and heated seat switches work so am guessing it's a coincidence that the start/stop mode doesn't engage.

The pain in the butt has been the analog clock in between the centre vents. I bought a new MB 3-pin black connector and carefully transferred the wires from the previous hazard switch blue connector, placing each one into the same numbered socket on the new connector:

1 - Red
2 - Brown
3 - Grey/yellow

Plugged it in and of course the analog clock doesn't pick up the time from the system at all. The clock in the dash itself next to the speedo works fine and continues to do so. At some point I'll upgrade the dash pod but that's a lot more work with coding to the car and the expense of the actual parts.

With the non-working but very nice chrome silver clock, I'm thinking it's one of several things:

1. I've connected the wires incorrectly.
2. Clock is kaput.
3. Needs to be keyed or activated with Star/Vediamo software.
4. All of the above.

Suggestions and information most welcome, especially from anyone who's had a similar experience with a clock.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E250 CGI Coupe
Anybody??