Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Looking how to stream bluetooth audio to my NTG2.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
R300
Looking how to stream bluetooth audio to my NTG2.5

Hello.
First of all, I searched info about my question in the forums, but I have no find the needed info.

I have a 2012 R300 BE with a command NTG2.5 system. This system includes linguatronic (I didn't use it), built-in CD/DVD Changer, Hard disc Drive, and an IPOD cable (old apple 30 pins connector) in the "glove box". This cable seems to be original and I connect it to an old 64Gb IPOD with "old" music, but I want to stream HQ audio to the system from my actual iphone (with Spotify) and I tried this:

LITTLE BLUETOOTH ADAPTER

I bought it and connect to the 30PIN IPOD adapter... but... don't work at all. NTG2.5 don't recognize it.

Searching on Aliexpress I found this adapter:

BLUETOOTH ADAPTER TO HARNESS

And seller says it will work, but I doubt it....
I don't know if this harness will use the white connector block you can see in the pictures that maybe it's actually used in my system and with this harness I will loose any actual feature...
Another thing I suspect is that this adapter uses somekind of simple AUX input, so I will not use the FF or RW buttons and can't see the songs titles in the headunit screen (as I do now with the old IPOD and the 30 pins cable).

Finally I found this adapter on eBay that seems to be what I need, but I found it EXPENSIVE:

VOCOMO Bluetooth Adapter

Do anyone find any way to stream audio integrated in the head (with controls and songs names in the head unit like I do with the iphone?

This is another posibility I found but seller don't answer my questions...

ADAPTER BLUETOOTH CABLE:

This cable seems to be the same where the actual IPOD cable is connected inside the glovebox. Anyone tryed it?

Thanks everybody and sorry about my "english".

Regards from Spain.
JuanJo