Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Stereo / Radio Replacement CLS W218

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 W218
Stereo / Radio Replacement CLS W218

Looking for any information on replacing the stereo on a W218 2012 CLS63. I already have the Android 10.1 add on, and don't really like it. Thinking of using a Pioneer DMH-WT7600nex as the headunint. Not sure if I will be able to mount up top where nav screen goes, and will look similar to the Androind setup. If not I would be willing to mount where current factory headunit is. The problem is that it seems no one currently makes a wiring interface for this model vehicle. I really only need Constant, Ignition and Ground, but it would be nice if there was an adapter that was plug and play, especially for Reverse, steering wheel control, and retained accessory power. The only thing I have found that might work is the AX-ADXSVI-MB2. I don't care about retaining factory amp, I am comfortable running new amps, and possibly new speakers. I already have plans to remove factory sub and replace with custom box ported through factory sub location. I also have not seen any dash kit to mount the new headunit. I do have the knowledge to fabricate, but it would be nice if one was already out there to save some time and headache.

Hard to believe the car is almost 10 years old, and there isn't much support.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please send supportive ideas my way. Also if you have any curious questions feel free to ask.

Thank you