Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

ipod in w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod in w203

Hi, i have a question about ipod. Where can i conect the cable from the ipod to the head unit? I did a search and see you guys have a AUX input in the comparment. I checked my car and it dosnt have a AUX input. So is it possibly that i can use a ipod?? and what exactly do i need?? Thanks for your help!!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
In my understanding you have to have Command to have AUX. However, you have alternative, like FM transmitter, or tape adapter with some losing quality.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Banned

ooo.... i see... but the tape thing wont work, because if the monitor on my head unit have to close completly for able to play or else it will have some "beeping" noise. Thanks anywayz... can anyone tell me the quality of a FM transmitter please, because if the quality is still about the same as the cd changer, i might then go with the ipod with fm transmitter instead of oem cd changer. Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2004, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by LaZyC230K
ooo.... i see... but the tape thing wont work, because if the monitor on my head unit have to close completly for able to play or else it will have some "beeping" noise. Thanks anywayz... can anyone tell me the quality of a FM transmitter please, because if the quality is still about the same as the cd changer, i might then go with the ipod with fm transmitter instead of oem cd changer. Thanks!!
I am using the iPod iTrip for FM modulation in my wife's BMW and it is actually surprisingly good. Maybe not quite as good as the direct cable hookup in my E500, but more than acceptable. The Applie iTrip lets you select from scores of FM stations, draws power from the iPod itself (I have a mini and a 'Mini iTrip"; the form factor is slightly different for the full size iPods). I did some research on all the different FM solutions and settled on Apple's as the most elegant -- and also a little more $$.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Banned

Thanks for your info about the quality of the FM transmitter thingie. It helps me on chosing what should i get, thanks