Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

HELP: DIY 2021 Australian Map upgrade on 2012 C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Smile HELP: DIY 2021 Australian Map upgrade on 2012 C63 AMG

Hi, Newbie here. I’m looking for some assistance to update the SatNav maps on my 2012 C63. On checking, they have the original map data “2012 (V 4.1) AUSTRALIA/NZ”.

From my initial reading of the COMAND booklet, it seemed like I should be able to carry out the update myself. It looked like a fairly straight-forward process and I expected to be able to find detailed instructions on the web.

Anyway, I went ahead and paid A$ 200 for the 2021 HARMAN Digital Road Map for Australia, which arrived without any installation instructions. When I ordered the 2021 Maps DVD I had to provide a VIN number so they could provide the correct version. After I received the DVD I checked ack with the DVD supplier regarding instructions only to be told they don’t provide them and to either “read the instructions” or “contact your MB dealer”.

After fumbling around or a few days trying all the (to me) obvious stuff I decided to ask my local MB dealer for a quote. MB dealer came back with a quote of A$ 1,750 but that was only for the 2017 Australian map data, the last year that was available for my 2012 C63. For obvious reasons they could not use the DVD I have.

I understand there was a change to the update process from 2012 onwards. Anyway, the update instructions in my COMAND guide do not work.

Now, I’m not going to pay A$ 1,750 for four-year-old SatNav maps but wondered if I anyone can help point me to specific instructions to try to instal the updated maps from the DVD I have.

I’m also curious as to how someone can sell me what looks to be a genuine 2021 Map DVD when MB say they don’t support any update after 2017? Thanks in anticipation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
COMAND 2021 DVD.pdf (712.1 KB, 33 views)