Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

99 C230k Aux In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C230k Aux In

OK ,, so i bought a fm modulator(didnt want to) as i got tired of searching for the poor little info for the 2 year model 99-00 aux input crowd,, as no one has made or asked anything about it

after i buy it and wait for a few days(losing the reciept in the meantime) i then go to install it and realize the antenna in on the benz is a different size than that of the damn fm mod i boughtl.. so now ill be having to look for a damn adapter.....maybe

my question is this,, i have a cd changer(fiber optic) that went bad and i really wanted to use that input ,, but an adapter for the fiber optic is 250.. not worth it

so then i thought,, i have NO tape deck,, there must be some input method for this,, for even as i do not have a tape deck,, all the head units are produced the same,, so i SHOULD have some sort of input where the radio would go,, and i COULD be able to hardwire in aux inputs....HAS ANYONE DONE THIS... or am i doomed for the ****ty quality of the damn FM mod. with 2 adapters

i appreciate the help,, my current project is at a dead stand still until i resolve this.....8-(
Old 09-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Almost a Member!

ok so i got the HU out WITHOUT the tools,, i orderd them online and its been a week,, i was determined to get that sob out,, i just cut out some tin pieces in the same shape as the tools,, worked perfect

but anyways,, now that i got it out,, i have 5 plugs
bottom left, ant in
top right unknown
middle right unknown
bottom right unknown,
then beside the bottom right the fiber optic in

and i see i have the becker HU,,

just thrrowing some more input
Old 09-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Almost a Member!

whos gonna buy this for me

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxmb1.html
Old 09-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Almost a Member!

double triple quad posting 8-)

my car will stay in pieces ,, until this is done,, therfore losing my job,, my wife,, and my life

i dont think its possible,, but if not anyone know where i can get an adapter for the damn fm modulator to fit for the ant in ?
Old 09-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Almost a Member!

seems as if its not a big issue but only for the 99-01 users,,

98 back no fiber optic
01 up COMMAND