Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

AUX Input , Ipod not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUX Input , Ipod not working

I have a 2001 E55 w/ Nav and an AUX input menu displayed when I hit the SVC button. Tried plugging my Ipod in today for the first time to the jack on the left hand side of the glovebox and don't get any sound. I checked with headphones so I know the Ipod is playing. Am I missing a step? Any help appreciated!
Old 09-05-2004, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
iPod plays just fine. Did you finish AUX selection? You have to select AUX in SVC menu and press knob.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. I spun the wheel to get to AUX and then pushed the knob in to select it. The display then reads AUX . I saw some other threads about the plastic around the plug end not letting it go in all the way so I trimmed mine down but it didn't help. This sucks too since I'm a new Ipod owner and I'm dying to hear my tunes in the car. I'm sorry I waited so long to buy an Ipod, they're awesome.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:18 PM

2000 CLK CAB
Be sure the volume on the Ipod is turned all the way up. Once you get it working you may want to take a look at these two web sites.

RF Remote - http://www.engineeredaudio.com/products/remote2.html - This works well I can control my Ipod and have the glove box closed.

They claim to be coming out with a kit to replace the CD player with the Ipod a la BMW / Ipod. http://densionusa.com/merchant/merch...tegory_Code=IA

Enjoy
C