Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Is the #320 (W203) Audio upgrade package worth it ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
................ Bell Helicopter & '05 C230 SS
Is the #320 (W203) Audio upgrade package worth it ?

I've been searching and reading threads all morning and haven't found an answer, so here goes :

I'm a few hours away from choosing a dealer to buy my car and I need help FAST !!
I'm getting a C230 Sport Sedan / Sunroof / Automatic / RED / CD Changer.

OK, the other dealer is giving me the same but adding Bi-xenons and Audio Package with a difference in price of $1350.00

Is this worth it ? Is the radio that much of a difference unless you're a audio expert to notice the difference ? How can I tell if it REALLY does have the audio package, is the radio different that I can see it or is the sound that noticeable ?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:35 PM

2004 E500
There has been a lot of discussion and complaints on several different threads on the W211 forum about the standard sound. I get the impression that those who are dissatisfied are demanding and like to play their music loud with a lot of bass. I have the Harmon-Kardon upgrade package and am very pleased with it but I never compared it to the standard. You may want to see if the dealer will let you listen to the different sound packages using some of your own CDs to see if it's worth it to you. I don't know if you can tell the difference externally but the window sticker should specify how the vehicle is equipped.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned

I'm thinking that MB in Germany isn't going to make a $970 audio package that doesn't make at least a noticeable difference, I mean, everyone would complain and the bad publicity would hurt them. I see MB Dealers doing weird things but I don't think MBUSA would do something like this, who knows.

Anyway, after thinking a little more about it, the Bi-xenon's themselves are good and this forum is full of people complaining that they would love to have them and couldn't. The cost of adding them later is over $1000, so I'm just going to get it and be done with it. It's only money right ? In 3 or 4 years I'll most likely be selling it to buy a newer one so it might just help in the long run.

Thanks for your input,

Carlos
Old 09-08-2004, 05:41 PM

2004 E500
I can't recommend the bi-xenons's too highly. This is the second car that I've owned with xenons and I'll never buy a car without them again. You'll especially appreciate them if you do a lot of driving on rural or unlit roads and when you hit the point when your night vision starts to go.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned

Great !! Just locked in the deal with the Sales Manager and he'll be sending me the paperwork tomorrow morning. I'll probably be picking it up either tomorrow afternoon or Friday (too much work for tomorrow that I can't postpone ) and I need a ride to go get it.

As soon as I pick it up I'll take pictures and post them .

Thanks to all who've helped and put up with all my questions these last 2 weeks, even the ones without much patience who ALMOST flamed me .

Don't worry, I'm a fast learner and once I get my hands on the manual and the actual car, I'll be one to help others also in the future.