Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

TMC reception in the UK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMC reception in the UK?

Does anyone in the UK have the dynamic routing option on their Comand APS Navigation working?

When I try to enable TMC I get the message "No TMC reception" even with the radio tuned to Classic FM 101.3MHz. I believe that Classic FM is currently the only channel broadcasting TMC data in the UK. I have version 2.2 of the European Navigation DVD (and the firmware has not been updated to the latest MP3 capable version). The car is a W211 E320 CDI registered in Sept03.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:44 AM
VBD

Unfortunately the TMC enabled DVD disc for the UK has not been released yet. It is due later this year, end of September if memory serves me correct, and it should cover both A and B roads.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Banned

Thanks VBD,

Do you happen to know what version number it will have? I believe that the current version of the DVD is 3.0. Is that all that will be necessary to start making use of TMC in the UK?
Old 09-10-2004, 02:54 PM
VBD

The Current version is 4.0 so I would imagine that if they keep to that naming structure than it will be ver. 5.0.

Yes, the new DVD is all that will be required, as the Comand is TMC ready.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Banned

I am also assuming that the radio needs to be permanently tuned to Classic FM in order to receive the TMC data, is that also your understanding?

Any suggestions for how I can pro-actively get alerted once the next version of the DVD is released. My local MB dealership seems to know nothing on this topic and in fact only has version 3.0 of the disc at present.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:33 PM
VBD

Nope, you do not have to be tuned to Classic FM on the DVD comand, but can listen to any station that you want.

Go to the Navtec website and ask them to send you a update when the new DVD comes out. Else you could ask them exactly when they plan to release the TMC UK enabled DVD.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

Does anyone have a URL for the NavTech website (Navtech not Navtec is the name on the DVD) because when I go to www.navtech.com I am automatically redirected to www.Navteq.com

So I emailed Navteq to ask if they supplied the navigation DVD for Mercedes Benz W211 Comand APS navigation systems and got the following reply:

"NAVTEQ is the database supplier for many different navigation systems on the market. However, at this moment we do not handle the distribution of products for your COMMAND APS navigation system."