Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CLK W209 head unit and Bose amp change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk 320
CLK W209 head unit and Bose amp change

Okay, random post, but I am sure I am not the first or last to try this. I am a total newbie to Mercs, always wanted one but never had the money. I finally bit the bullet and got myself a tidy little CLK 320 2003 Avantgarde. UK spec and only 80,000 miles on the clock. There was nothing wrong with the old Command unit but it was a little dated. No Bluetooth and I got rid of my Nokia 6310 back in 2000. Being an electrical engineer I thought "how hard can this be to fit a new head in the car". OMG, how wrong could I be? I bought a new Android 10 head unit with all the whistles and bells (Erisin) The actual install of this went quite well. It physically fitted very well with loads of room behind to hose the 100 new connectors that came with it. The issue started when I removed the old command unit. I noticed that there was a fibre optic connection to it and after a little research, I learnt that my car was one to trial the B2D fibre system (that only seemed to last 3 years, before MB went over to MOST) "That's okay, I thought, I will just wire the line out straight into the amp. WRONG.... the amp in my car only had fibre in and no analogue line-in input. Okay, not to be stumped by this little problem, I thought I would just change the amp for an aftermarket..... This time I did some research before buying a new amp....yes, the bose speakers are like 2ohms so no aftermarket amp will drive them. So I thought I would be clever and buy a 2nd hand Bose amp that would have analogue inputs. I ran the front and rear line outputs from the new head to the boot and this is now where I am stumped. I settled on a Bose 208 820 0889 taken from a 2002 CLK 55. However, I am now stumped on the pinouts of this amp. I have downloaded most of the internet without luck, hence I am now turning to you MB gurus for help. So if you are still awake after reading all this, here is a synopsys.

Old set up - Command 2.5 head unit, CD changer, TV unit, D2B fibre connection to Bose 209 820 02 89 Amp 4162
New set up - Erisin ES2763C, Line out cables run from head to boot (trunk) to Bose 208 820 09 08 Amp 3610
Info required - Pin outs for Bose 3610 amp

All comments and help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Geoff