Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

6CD Changer Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK320
6CD Changer Problems

I was listening to CD5 a few minutes ago, and at the end it went to CD2 instead of CD6. After hitting the numbers for the different CDs, it apparently was not recognizing CD1 and CD6, so I opened up the magazine and ensured that everything was seated properly. I popped it back in, and CD1 was recognized, CD2, etc...

Apparently, I was cycling through them too quickly and it froze, then proceeded to give me a "NO CD CHANGER" error message. I tried to eject the cartridge, and can't do that either. The "Ejection" button will flash five times, but the cartridge will not eject. I don't know how to manually do this, so i'm looking for some tips and/or advice? I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars with service if there is a simple fix.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:56 AM

W208 CLK320
I took the entire thing apart, all 500 screws... all fixed. WOW!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
95 E320 Cabriolet, 108K
Did you ever identify the specific problem? I recently had a 'NO LOAD' condition on my changer that I attributed to a loose connector at the bottom of the unit. Mine was a 6-screw fix! By design, the connector has too much wiggle in my opinion.

While playing with it, I was curious what would happen if the connector was completely unplugged -- it showed a 'NO CD CHANGER' message.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:13 PM

W208 CLK320
I unplugged the power and connector cables, then took apart literally everything. Then, I poked and prodded at the magazine and put it back together again... voila!