Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bose on C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 09:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Orion Blue w/ C7, Auto, Bose, and CD changer
Question Bose on C230

Has any one had the chance to compare the Bose system in the C230 to the standard system? I have only had the opertunity to hear the stock system and I didn't like it all that much, but it only had the radio and no CD player so maybe that would have made a difference. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard the Bose on a C320 vs the stock and imo the bose sounds a little better.
Old 11-30-2001, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When comparing the stock system to the Bose, make sure they are set to the same amibience setting. There are four settings, off, speech (no bass), driver and ambience.

I had a car with the stock system for 75 days before taking delivery of the car with the Bose. I didn't care for the stock system, but I hadn't discovered the various settings, so I don't know which one I was listening to. When I first got the Bose system, I was extremely disappointed. It had NO bass at all. After a few days, I just started messing with the buttons and discovered the radio was set to "speech". I tried the other settings and "driver" seems to give the most bass. I am now satisfied with the Bose now, but if you want big thumping bass, you will not get it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the sub-woofer in the coupe is not ported to the cabin. The sound is sort of stuck between the quarter panel and the side of the luggage compartment. You can hear it, but not as well as in the sedan.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Orion Blue w/ C7, Auto, Bose, and CD changer
Bose

Thanks for the feedback, but I know more than one person bought the bose stereo. Why did you pick it over the stock system?