Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stereo upgrade

Have a 96c280, and I think it has a Bose option. I see a Bose logo on the rear speaker grill. I want a better sounding system. and stop that annoying pop sound everytime I start up. (I think this has something to do with my car phone).
Should I upgrade my head unit? But if I do this, I won't be able to use my MB changer.
Should I sacrifice my MB head unit/changer for better sound, or can I just upgrade my speakers?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:57 PM

1999 ML430
Have no idea what the pop sound could be. As far as upgrading I would start with changing out the speakers. I did this on my ML with Bose. I went with MB Quarts Discus series and it made quite a difference. Since the Bose already has a fairly decent amp and sub (not great). Give that a try first and see what you think.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:50 PM

stereo upgrade

Thanks BillM

That pop sound happens everytime I start the car up. And it sounds like it's coming from the phone hook up. But that's the least of my concerns.

I will surely try changing speakers. What size did MB Quart did you get? I am not sure what size the c class has.

Thanks for the input and I will let you know how everything goes.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:10 PM

1999 ML430
I put 6.5s in front and 5.25s in the rear. With tweeters and crossovers for each speaker. I think you have a different config. then mine. The MLs are all in the door panels.