Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

MBUX Lost Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLB 35
MBUX Lost Sound

Hello everyone, repost from the GLB forum. The strangest thing happened just this morning in which I went to run some errands and I could not get any sound out of the system. No radio, Bluetooth audio, calls, etc. and what I noticed is that the volume control or mute no longer functions nor even shows up on the screen. I investigated further within the audio settings and I can’t adjust the EQ or Burmester processing so it seems the system lost connection with the audio processor/amplifier. I proceeded in doing a factory reset but this did not bring audio back.

Has anyone come across this before? I am holding off from pulling fuses or any other more drastic measures until I can get it to the dealership. The upside is that the engine sound is all natural now…nothing pumping into the speakers or low frequency farts when shifting in sport mode.

Kinger
Old 11-26-2022, 08:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E450 coupe 2021 SL550 2013
I've had this happen occasionally and when i changed stations on the radio it resolved of its own accord.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLB 35
Well, fast forward a week and a half and suddenly the audio began working again. Only reason why I noticed is because the artificial engine noise was working again one random day this week so I turned on the radio and everything was functioning as it should.

Not sure if it was the time that passed or perhaps an over the air update but it all seems fine now. If it acts up again I will bring it the dealer for further testing. Very strange.