Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Light out sensor for Fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetec
Light out sensor for Fog lights

Hello, I have recently had to replace my front Bumper on my 2011 ML350. The original bumper had the round Fog lights which uses the H11 Halogen bulbs. The new bumper has the LED strip light option. The dash now complains that the front fog light are not working. This makes sense to me since the resistance value for the LED lights would be different from the Halogens. So I have tried to install a parallel resistor to fool the body control module that the light is fine. I have tried it with a 3 ohm resistor, a 6 Ohm and a 12 Ohm. None of these fooled the body control module and the warning remains. Does anyone know how to get rid of the warning? I see a few options. 1 find the correct resistance to fool the sensor. 2: reprogram the BCM to the new resistance value of the light. 3: replace the fog lights with the Original ones. Let me know if anyone has run across this and what the resolution was.
Thanks for any help.