Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Easy way to turn off BT Audio autoplay on connect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 02:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
Easy way to turn off BT Audio autoplay on connect?

This feature is truly driving me nuts, especially with being unable to adjust the HK EQ settings while Android Auto is enabled. I've tried a number of options on the phone itself (involving Tasker and a few other apps), but Spotify and/or the podcast apps I've been using just don't want to cooperate. The only "solution" I've found is to mute the audio from the steering wheel every time I turn off the car, but then as soon as I unmute it, it just autoplays again anyway. Phone is a OnePlus 8T + 5G which I can root if necessary; car is a 2017 GLE63S with the OEM HK system and the MBRACE/non-touchscreen/non-MBUX version of COMAND.

Going to get some coding done soon for a few other "quirks" that Mercedes thought were intuitive/helpful/etc instead of braindead, which could hopefully yield a fix, but are there any other answers in the meantime?

Last edited by evilsaint; 10-29-2023 at 02:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Angela_lisa (07-31-2024)
Old 10-29-2023, 11:09 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2014 S63 2010 ML350 Bluetec 2009 SL550
Turn off Bluetooth on the phone before you start the car ?
The following users liked this post:
Angela_lisa (07-31-2024)
Old 10-29-2023, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,631 Posts
2019 C63CS
I'm not an Android user, but this is largely a function of the respective app/phone. One way to avoid this is to switch the audio source. Generally if you pick an audio source in the car it will resume playing next time you start the car. That's kinda by design. The most basic one is the radio. It will always play when you start the car, unless you mute it. So if you don't want to play anything, select an empty audio source or as said above turn off Bluetooth. iPhone users have a similar issue with the native Music app, but looks like Apple recently added an option to turn it off. I somewhat have the opposite issue. I don't stream from my phone often, but when I do I use Pandora and I want it to resume, but it only seems to resume when recently played. Next day it generally doesn't resume and so I have to manually do it. I created a shortcut at least, so I can say "Siri, play my music". I also created an automation to start playing my music as soon as my AirPods connect.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by TripleDown
Turn off Bluetooth on the phone before you start the car ?
I'm looking for a solution that *avoids* other janky workarounds like this, such as an actual setting in the software somewhere.
Old 07-31-2024, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by TD24
I've been searching all over the internet for a solution to this problem and I finally found one so thought I'd share! Someone posted a super simple fix here!

It's life-changing haha (sorry to exaggerate). It's an audio file which took literally 2 mins to set up on apple music and just makes things a whole lot nicer. Plus the album art is a Mercedes logo.. touche I must say. I paid a small fee but it was totally worth the convenience. I was getting so annoyed with the MB audio system playing the same song again and again and again on startup, after a call or other audio played! It got so bad when my charging cable started playing up so I had to do something about it.
If only I was using an Apple device. I just set the default source to Memory Card - which I think someone else mentioned - and then it's good to go. Now, to find a custom version of Android Auto that doesn't do all kinds of the same automatic **** idiotically!