Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

No Aux or MMI input connectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 03:54 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 GLK 250 Bluetec
No Aux or AMI input connectors

I originally posted this in the GLK section but thought this section would be more appropriate.

My 2015 GLK with Nav and Harman Kardon system does not have any aux or AMI connections. I have remove the glovebox to see if a connector might be laying behind but there is nothing there. The only connector in the armrest is one USB. There is a blanking plate where the MMI would normally be but no connector.

I would like to install an aftermarket 12.3" android screen but have read that they need Aux or AMI to function. I have enabled the Audio Aux to ON through the engineering and MOST was on from factory. Aux now shows on the Audio section

Can I actually install an aftermarket system or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Last edited by DenisMcG; 11-29-2023 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2023, 07:01 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 GLK 250 Bluetec
After a bunch of research and quite a bit of conflicting advise, I decided to go ahead and order an Android system for my GLK. I just finished the install and I am happy to say that it works perfectly. So if your car does not have AMI or Aux ports you can still install an aftermarket system. You will need to enable the Aux option via the Engineering mode.