Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Waze via Carplay vs MBUX wifi 2024 GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2024 | 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 GLE3502W, 2024 GLC3002W, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp (for sale)
Waze via Carplay vs MBUX wifi 2024 GLC

Here's the sequence. Get in the car. iPhone shows connected to home wifi. Start car and iPhone immediate connects to MBUX 2xxxx. Activate Carplay which appears normally on the screen. Open Waze on iPhone. Action recognized on screen. Select Waze destination. Usual search circle starts. Nothing happens. Waze reports on iPhone that something went wrong, try again. Meantime, on screen Waze shows using offline maps. Open Settings in iPhone. Turn off wifi. iPhone now connects to 5g cell system. Section destination and Waze starts route info with voice coming from iPhone. Get notice to turn on wifi to use Carplay. Open Settings, turn on wifi which reconnects to MBUX. Start Carplay and Waze immediately switches over to the screen and car audio. If that's what I'll need to do every time, kinda defeats the purpose of Carplay. Am I doing something worng? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2024 | 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Make sure your iPhone is not connecting to the car's hotspot. For CarPlay, the phone doesn't need to connect to the hotspot. CarPlay maintains its own WiFi connection for screen mirroring. Unless you pay for the hotspot service in the car, your phone won't have a data connection while connected to the hotspot. Go to your WiFi settings and tap the i next to your car's WiFi, then select "Forget this network". Your phone should then stay connected to your Home WiFi and eventually switch to cellular as you leave your home. CarPlay will continue to work.