Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Handsfree phone problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handsfree phone problems

I have a 2002 C32 with V60 integrated phone. I am considering installing the MIK box, but am worried about one recurring problem. Periodically while talking to someone handsfree, the outgoing signal from me, will become very distorted. This never happens with incomming voice. The signal bars at this time are always high and as soon as I undock the phone and use it directly, all is clear. This will happen about once every couple of days.

I am thinking that this is most likely due to a connection problem between phone and dock, and as soon as I replace dock/holster with new one for the new phone (Motorola V551), all will be cured. However, I am afraid that it might be something more serious, and that if I add the MIK box and change phone and then continue to have this problem and try to take it to the dealer, they will say they can't work on it since I have voided the warrenty by the modification.

I brought this problem up to dealer about a year ago, but was given the old "Can't duplicate problem".

So, should I go ahead with the MIK upgrade and expect it to cure problem, or should I take care back to dealer and try to force them to solve problem (and maybe get the same "Can't duplicate problem"?