Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

One drivers iPod solution for a W202

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 Coupe'
One drivers iPod solution for a W202

Here is what worked for me on my 2000 C230K.
Dension IceLink, new Becker 4602 Radio with built in CD and most importantly an AUX Input and finally a Kuda matching leather (to seats) phone mount. Make sure the IceLink power wires (both of them) are connected to the power source, otherwise volume is halved. I connected them to the positve power wire on the back of the cig lighter. The Becker was the best match for the car as I did not want the radio to look like downtown Tokyo at midnight. The iPod is close enough to manipulate but setting it on a long playlist is the safest way to drive for me. Easy to touch one button to skip a song.

Pros
Fine clear CD like sound quality
Constant power for the iPod
Easy to see what is playing
Secure mounting
1500 music and audio book selections and growing

Drawbacks..
The Becker Radio's GAL automatic vol control (based on speed) is not very good regardless of the setting
iPod's display, when set to ON all the time at night is too bright and does not match the amber glow of the rest of the car. But, can't have everything
Attached Thumbnails One drivers iPod solution for a W202-ipod-w202.jpg  
Old 12-21-2004, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW e92 335i
there is a place online that offers mods to your Ipods backlighting...

http://ipodmods.com/mods/index_load.htm
Old 12-21-2004, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by jmel777
Drawbacks..
The Becker Radio's GAL automatic vol control (based on speed) is not very good regardless of the setting
Just disconnect the GAL (if you want it off).

Also, why do you need the aux input? What do you have hooked up to it?

(wow, you posted yesterday that it just became available on their site and today you already have it installed? Talk about super speedy!)

-s-
Old 12-21-2004, 07:25 PM

2017 GLC 300 Coupe'
Reply to Scorchie

Originally Posted by scorchie
Just disconnect the GAL (if you want it off).

Also, why do you need the aux input? What do you have hooked up to it?

(wow, you posted yesterday that it just became available on their site and today you already have it installed? Talk about super speedy!)

-s-
Line Out from the iPod to Aux input on the radio via the IceLink instead of the nasty FM xmitters. Clean clear sound.
The IceLink adapter I have required a radio with Aux Input, that is why I bought the Becker 4602. The new device that I sent a posting about hooks up to the FiberOptic connector for the CD changer and was not on the market when I did this. But since I was on the mailing list they sent me the announcement. All in all I got a better Radio that has internal CD player and get to hook up the iPod.
Disabled the GAL (set to off), thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by jmel777
Line Out from the iPod to Aux input on the radio via the IceLink instead of the nasty FM xmitters. Clean clear sound.
The IceLink adapter I have required a radio with Aux Input, that is why I bought the Becker 4602. The new device that I sent a posting about hooks up to the FiberOptic connector for the CD changer and was not on the market when I did this. But since I was on the mailing list they sent me the announcement. All in all I got a better Radio that has internal CD player and get to hook up the iPod.
Disabled the GAL (set to off), thanks
Got it, sorry I thought you had the IceLink for D2B. I just plug my iPod directly into my COMAND aux input (that was in my W202 too).

-s-