Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Can u fit a double din unit to a C32?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can u fit a double din unit to a C32?

Ok I am looking into the purchase of an 02 C32 AMG. I currently have an Eclipse AVN 2454 Navigation Unit which is a double din unit. Will I be able to install this unit in the C32? Do i just need a fascia adapter where both slots as such are open/empty?
Thanks,
MarK.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by kingsolomon12
Ok I am looking into the purchase of an 02 C32 AMG. I currently have an Eclipse AVN 2454 Navigation Unit which is a double din unit. Will I be able to install this unit in the C32? Do i just need a fascia adapter where both slots as such are open/empty?
Thanks,
MarK.
Yes MarK, "u" can fit a double DIN stereo into the space for the radio on a W203. The COMAND that comes OEM is double DIN sized (behind the faceplate). "U" don't even really need the "fascia adapter", because it really is just a trim piece to take up the space around the faceplate of a double DIN unit. But you can just get the OEM trim plate, or for inferior quality, any aftermarket one.

-s-
Old 01-04-2005, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scorchie
Yes MarK, "u" can fit a double DIN stereo into the space for the radio on a W203. The COMAND that comes OEM is double DIN sized (behind the faceplate). "U" don't even really need the "fascia adapter", because it really is just a trim piece to take up the space around the faceplate of a double DIN unit. But you can just get the OEM trim plate, or for inferior quality, any aftermarket one.

-s-
Ok cool thanks for the info, do u know how much an OEM trim plate will cost, and am I right in thinking it'll basically just be a surround as such for my newly installed unit - is there a particular madel No. ?
Thanks again,
MarK.