Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

ML430 - Swapped in Comand unit, MCS for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Vos
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML430 (used to, now X5 4.4.i)
Thumbs up ML430 - Swapped in Comand unit, MCS for sale

Hi all,

After many hours of researching this swap, I finally completed the installation just after X-mas. As I mentioned in a previous post, the only issue that I had not seen described anywhere is that my ML had the reverse signal on a wire where the Comand expects the telephone mute signal. So, on first trial I only had sound from the radio/cd upon engaging reverse. I also installed another CD changer, an optical fibre unit (from an E-class I am told) that is hanging under the passenger seat. I removed the drawer and produced two brackets from 1" aluminium strip that attach to the same screws as the drawer.

We did an 800 mile roundtrip the day after it was all installed and the Comand/changer functioned flawlessly. Though the Comand is the only option to have NAV in Europe and improve radio reception, I find the navigation on the Comand less versatile/userfriendly than it is on the MCS unit. The next step is to attach the AUX in socket.

My MCS (from 2000 model ML) is for sale, asking US$600, I left it ready for shipping with a friend in Maryland last weekend. The unit comes with the NAV CD for mid-atlantic and the quick reference guide. The CD changer is still in the car, but it would be available for $200 sometime mid-Febr. (I can ask somebody to bring it to US for me.)

Anyone needs info or has a specific question on the process, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited by Vos; 01-13-2005 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Vos
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML430 (used to, now X5 4.4.i)
Sold!!

Both MCS adn changer are sold.