Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand 2.0 info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005 | 02:47 PM

Comand 2.0 info

I have a 2002 clk430 cab with comand. However i am not sure what version comand it is. What is comand 2.0 and how is it different than previous comand?

Does it have a/v input?
Is it cd or dvd based?

One annoying thing about my comand is that in map mode, it does not display the surround street names (like the dvd comand in 04 s class) but only the street name of the street you are on. Does comand 2.0 display other surround street names?
Old 01-27-2005 | 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
you have a 2.0 comand. 2.5 is for the S class. This numbering system refers to the din size and not a version. The comand itself does not have a/v inputs. It has RGB inputs which can accept a A/V Adapter or a TV Tuner. It is a cd based comand. The Cd based comands does not display surround street names.
Old 01-27-2005 | 03:56 PM

'05 C220 CDI
MY05 Class C

Is the 'O5 W203 Comand a 2.0 or a 2.5 ?
I thought it is a 2.5
Old 01-27-2005 | 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by sunman
you have a 2.0 comand. 2.5 is for the S class. This numbering system refers to the din size and not a version. The comand itself does not have a/v inputs. It has RGB inputs which can accept a A/V Adapter or a TV Tuner. It is a cd based comand. The Cd based comands does not display surround street names.

i am confused. a us comand can accept a tv tuner or a/v adapter?
Old 01-27-2005 | 10:34 PM

also, does the euro version of the dvd comand 3.5 for 04 s class play dvd in motion (without external dvd player)?
Old 01-27-2005 | 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
I think scorchie or steve can better answer the question on the Euro S class comand. I think it can play dvd in motion but I am not too sure. As for the US comand accepting a TV Tuner or A/V Adapter... The US Comand can accept both but activating the TV button on a US comand is nearly impossible.
Old 01-28-2005 | 04:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by superflysocal
also, does the euro version of the dvd comand 3.5 for 04 s class play dvd in motion (without external dvd player)?
There is no such thing as COMAND [b]3.5[/b[ - who ever sells something like that definitely does NOT know what (s)he is talking about.
Euro DVD comands for the S-class can be set to play DVDs in motion...DVD comands do NOT work in pre 2004 S-classes.
Originally Posted by superflysocal
i am confused. a us comand can accept a tv tuner or a/v adapter?
A US CD rom based comand can be programmed to support the mercedes benz TV tuner...the comand itself HAS NO TV or VIDEO abilities at all!
US spec DVD based comands do not support TV at all.
Originally Posted by tropico
Is the 'O5 W203 Comand a 2.0 or a 2.5 ?
I thought it is a 2.5
The 05 W203 comand does not have a DIN related name...it is neither 2.0 nor 2.5 and if you bought yourself either one of those we are back at square 1 and I won't (be able to) install it for you when you come over for the UHI kit.

greetingz,
Old 01-28-2005 | 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by MBenzNL
Euro DVD comands for the S-class can be set to play DVDs in motion...DVD comands do NOT work in pre 2004 S-classes.

A US CD rom based comand can be programmed to support the mercedes benz TV tuner...the comand itself HAS NO TV or VIDEO abilities at all!
US spec DVD based comands do not support TV at all.
when you say can be set to play...do you mean using Star Diagnosis or something in a user menu?

what about when you say "programmed to support the MB tuner"?

are there video adapters for either of these Comand (dvd or cd 2.0) that can be installed on US Comand (and would it require Star Diagnosis)?