Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND and DVD player integration complete!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320
Ted,
can you show me your old MB TV-Tuner (PAL) installation pics?
do you also have diagram or installation guide?
thanks!
Old 07-03-2002, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8679
Old 07-03-2002, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
copy and paste:

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/8679-tv-dvd-playstation-2-motorolla-v60-integrated-command-navigation-system.html
Old 07-03-2002, 03:04 PM

2002 C320
thanks Ted, but I already checked those thread.
i meant that i would like to see Becker's TV-Tuner itself.. sorry if i confused you.
i am at the stage of gathering installation information about Becker's TV-Tuner itself.
greatly appreciated!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Yukpo, its almost same as that tuner, but theres no phono sockets, and next to the black multi-pin socket there are two while multipin connectors for the video-in.

In order to use those ones, you need to purchase converter cables from becker

I think the old tuner would accept different types of input, whereas the new one takes composite and stereo. The old tuner (of course) has no NTSC, only Pal/Secam

R
Old 07-04-2002, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
........The old tunner has regular RCA A/V input jacks only. It is great because you can plug anything into it including an NTSC TV tunner. In USA, the tunner itself will be useful as a slave to allow A/V inputs into the Command. An alternative is to purchase the recently released A/V adapter from megacom. This may be the best way to proceed for you if you do not plan on using the new MB TV tunner. Wiyth the Megacome AV adapter, you do not need a wiring diagram or a wiring harness. It just plugs into the back of the command and it comes with instructuions and pictures. I love my system and it works great. I did the work when not many people knew about this stuff and the new TV tunner and the megacomm adapter were not even produced yet. If I had to do it now, I will probably use the megacomm adapter instead of the PAL only TV tunner to get AV input to the command. I will then plug a hide away TV tunner such as ALpine or pioneer to the Megaomm adapter. The hideaway TV tunner has four AV inputs. I think this method gives the least amount of wires and manipulation, beacause the megacomm A?v adapter is really easy to install.

Ted
Old 07-04-2002, 02:02 AM

2002 C320
Hi Ted,
I already know installation of COMAND with megacomme A/V adapter, but I'd like to use Becker's New TV-Tuner setup because it integrates with dash dispay and steering wheel buttons when you choose TV function. I planned to have exactly the same setup as you described, but all I need is TV-Tuner and two video outs (DVD and VCR). Although Alpine makes good units with many outputs, I still like to stick with OEM style as close as possible and that is why I wanted to see and know about your Becker's TV mounting. so, could you possibly provide me the picture of your installed TV-Tuner and necessary diagram? I need some idea of mounting place and place of running wires (under carpet or by door trim etc)...
Thank you.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
..........I do not have a wiring diagram and I'm not sure one exists. Plugging the TV tunner is to the command is easy and you can figure it out by looking at the back of both units. The problem is the wiring harness. I used a modified E-class wiring harness I purchased from a dealer in the UNited Kinggdom. I did this because I understood at the time that there was no wiring harness for CLK. I do not know if this is still the case. There might be an easier way of doing this now and you may wish to talk to Moni from NAV-TV. But if you want, e-mail me and I will give yoy number for where I purchased the modified E-class wiring harness.

Ted
Old 07-04-2002, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
There is a CLK(208) harness (and a C (w203) harness) - I beleive moni at nav-tv has the info
R
Old 06-17-2017, 07:02 AM

Mecedes Avant Garde E270 Diesel
Adding a new CD multi player to Command unit

Can anyone help please?
I have a E270 CDI Avante Garde 2005 diesel and recently bought a 6CD multi player to add to the Command unit.

I am unsure of the age of the CD player but believe it to be from the same model but slightly older. Registration is from 2003.

The unit has been bought from Ebay.

I have wired the player correctly but I am unable to link the multi player to the command unit and it has been suggested that there is a need to run a software patch/link to connect everything.

In addition if I leave the player wired, the command unit does not work correctly with all functions.

Can anyone suggest any ways to resolve this?
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails COMAND and DVD player integration complete!-s-l1600.jpg