Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Please help me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK430
Angry Please help me

I just had a used Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 installed in my 1999 CLK430. It wont turn on when the ignition is running, it will turn on when the ignition is off but the key is in the ACC position. if it is on during this time and i turn the car on, then it will stay on. Also, everytime it turns on it asks for the radio code, is this normal? And when i change the settings (clock, etc. ) they reset after the unit is turned off. Also the radio tuner does not pick up any stations, AM or FM. I tested the CD and DVD player and they work fine. The installer said all the connections are correct. what could be wrong? Is this unit defective or did the installer screw something up (Tweeter in tyson's corner, VA). ANY help or advise will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Its asking for the code pecause it is losing power when you shut down & it thinks it has been removed from the car & reinstalled somewhere else. Thats normal, but your wiring install is amiss.