Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Please HELP...Presently installing Comand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320 CDI.SOLD..'02 CLK430 Cabrio(SOLD),08 Disco3..1996 FLH-TP, 2017 E300
Please HELP...Presently installing Comand

Just finished install of 2.0 Comand in a 2002 CLK430 Cabrio. Got unit from Steve with Aux and RGB-A/V adaptor. Unit itself is working GREAT, Steve's harness almost makes it a Plug&Play installation. BTW, Steve and Wanda (BigSis) have been great from purchase and in answering all my questions promptly.

My problem is with my DVD install (Blaupunkt DVD ME-3). When playing a DVD the picture rolls on the Comand ( no verticle control). The DVD player is hooked up to the A/V adaptor and is playing through the Comand in the TV mode. The player worked fine when I bench tested it.

Soooooo....has anyone else had this problem? Any Suggestions?

I've emailed Steve also....just need a quick reply, as I'm working on my car presently.

Thanks....John
Old 02-06-2005, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
i dont know. i tried to get one of those adapters from steve and he wouldnt sell it to me saying that he wasnt satisfied with the quality of the units. im surprised he sold one to you.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
i dont know. i tried to get one of those adapters from steve and he wouldnt sell it to me saying that he wasnt satisfied with the quality of the units. im surprised he sold one to you.

He was just testing them about the time I bought it...I think he personally had checked this unit himself as it had my name on it and a note that it had tested OK.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
I believe Steve asked you a question before you bought it, words to the effect that "do you have a DVD player that can output PAL?"

Switch your DVD player to PAL mode.

-s-
Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
Yeah, the quality problem is that they do not switch automatically between NTSC and PAL like they are supposed to.

-s-
Old 02-07-2005, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by scorchie
I believe Steve asked you a question before you bought it, words to the effect that "do you have a DVD player that can output PAL?"

Switch your DVD player to PAL mode.

-s-
Steve just replied with the same answer. BTW, At the time of purchase Wanda didn't mention about having to have a PAL compatible DVD player, I should have asked.....I tried to do my homework

Also, as I have pointed out to Steve, the picture rolls as soon as I press the TV button on the Comand with the DVD player OFF. I get a good picture while playing a DVD....only that the picture rolls. I know that SunMan has the same player,(Blaupunkt DVD ME-3), but I think he has his plugged into a Benz Tuner.

Thanks to everyone for their input...
Old 02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing MB related (sorry)
I am sure Wanda tries to give as much info as she can... but she may have forgotten this. I bet she made a note of it right now...

Sorry John. :o

greetingz,

BigSis

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are we able to purchase these RGB adaptors for our Euro Commands now? If so how can we get them steve/Bigsis????? plz!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:21 PM

It Works

Originally Posted by BigSis
I am sure Wanda tries to give as much info as she can... but she may have forgotten this. I bet she made a note of it right now...

Sorry John. :o

greetingz,

BigSis
No problem.....Just switched the player to PAL (I just can't use it's TV tuner, NTSC only) and it works GREAT!!!! I'm sorry to waste everyones time...but....I couldn't find any help using the search feature.

Wanda & Steve (and everyone else considering getting a Comand)....I VERY happy with the Comand...Steve's "DIY Kit" almost makes it a Plug&Play install. I'll post some pics when I can on some of the installation points that I haven't seen (for example..hooking up the VSS wire).

Again thanks!!