Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command and Sony Erricsson T610

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command and Sony Erricsson T610

can anyone tell me how to activate my Sony Erricsson T610 phone so that i can use it via the Command and steering wheel buttons in my 05 SLK?

I've got the cradle and prewiring fitted, but when i place the phone in the cradle the rest of the car still says "Insert Telephone".

Do i activate something on the phone, or activate something on the car, or activate something on the bluetooth?

or what?
Old 02-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
you can do that?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
you can do that?
Yes, he can, because he's in the UK.

-s-
Old 02-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by scorchie
Yes, he can, because he's in the UK.

-s-
oh
Old 02-23-2005, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jono_2000
can anyone tell me how to activate my Sony Erricsson T610 phone so that i can use it via the Command and steering wheel buttons in my 05 SLK?

I've got the cradle and prewiring fitted, but when i place the phone in the cradle the rest of the car still says "Insert Telephone".

Do i activate something on the phone, or activate something on the car, or activate something on the bluetooth?

or what?
Should work. Try a firmware update. I've had no problems with the T610 (only one) that I tried, but normally we use T630/T637 without any major issues.

-s-
Old 02-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Almost a Member!

solution for dumb-*** issue...

ok - the solution was mind numbingly easy.

i picked up the car from the dealers at night and couldn't get the phone to work.

weather in feb in london is abysmal. (strong argument to move to florida...) so i couldn't really see what i was doing.

on closer inspection of the phone (bought second hand from ebay!) the pins of the adapter on the foot of the phone were filled by a fine reddish sand. (i guess the previous owner was in the building trade or similar),

i cleaned them out with a pin. when i fitted the phone again it worked properly.... nothing to set up at all, and loads of fun new buttons on the command system to play with whilst driving around!!!

ps - the phone has a dodgy aerial, meaning that when hand held the signal strength varyies like crazy, but snug in the cradle it works fine with 5 bars of signal at most times (so the MB aerial sorts out the dodgy sonyerricsson one!)

the only downside is that i rushed into the local phoneshop and got another bloody T610, which i guess will shortly be listed on ebay.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jono_2000
the only downside is that i rushed into the local phoneshop and got another bloody T610, which i guess will shortly be listed on ebay.
Wow, glad it works! But when you bought a new phone, you should have gotten a T630! So few things changed, but such a huge improvement! Maybe you may want to consider that still.

-s-