Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Returning lease NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bucket on wheels
Returning lease NEED HELP!

The c230 is up for lease in a couple months and its pretty banged up. I am ashamed to say but i havn't really taken good care of it after the accident and decided it would be MBUSA's problem. Well karma came and bit me on the a$$ a couple days ago as I was driving on the freeway a rock hit my windshield and cracked it. It is literally 2mm round. Barely noticeable. I deffinatly don't want to pay to replace this windshield and I don't want to claim insurance. What will happen when I return my car in a couple months? Also the bottom of my front spoiler is pretty scraped up due to all the dips in santa monica. I will probably repaint that before i return it but will they charge me if i don't?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usually there is no deductible or fee to fix/replace a windshield through your insurance company. I would think that size could be fixed onsite by filling it.

Originally Posted by FIXEDupW209
as I was driving on the freeway a rock hit my windshield and cracked it. It is literally 2mm round. Barely noticeable. I definitely don't want to pay to replace this windshield and I don't want to claim insurance.
The leasing company should have the vehicle inspected prior to you turning it in. This will tell you what they will "ding" you for and give you a chance to fix it before turning it in.