Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Walking away from a lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Walking away from a lease

I might be relocating to Europe later this year and I need to get rid of the lease on my Volvo... but I'm reluctant to try transferring the lease because of liability concerns (don't feel like ruining my credit this year). Swapalease.com has a "peace of mind" program which pays in case the new lesse defaults in any way, plus some extra wear and tear money. Does anone have an opinion on that program or a similar one? How much is my liability really protected? Any other options for getting rid of the lease?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I'm not sure that protection has been tested. If there is a lawsuit with the new driver whomever's name is on the title will probably be involved regardless.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by LeaseCompare
I'm not sure that protection has been tested. If there is a lawsuit with the new driver whomever's name is on the title will probably be involved regardless.
Hmmm... tough spot. Unless I find a relative or close friend to take over the lease, I'll have to take the hit with a sell/payout deal. Too bad because I got a great lease with lots of miles left (one of those "at least one in stock" newspaper ads).