Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Beware of Prolease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of Prolease

Just warning anyone thinking of dealing with Prolease out of Texas. They're practices are shady and once the deal is signed forget about customer service.

Some problems:

1) Way overdue delivery time for the car while lease payments were initiated already. Car was nearly a month overdue from date promised and I was not reimbursed for the time not having the car even though I was paying for it.

2) Lease agreement had higher amount than quoted when received. I was told I would be reimbursed for difference but have not been

3) Have not received license plates yet even after expired temp plates.

4) They actually have the nerve to request I refer them customers and I would get $500 bonus.

Do yourself a favor and buy from dealerships. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of dealing with Prolease. I can answer any other questions via PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:53 AM

Still waiting for this company to make good on their promises.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by flaviusmagenta
Just warning anyone thinking of dealing with Prolease out of Texas. They're practices are shady and once the deal is signed forget about customer service.

Some problems:

1) Way overdue delivery time for the car while lease payments were initiated already. Car was nearly a month overdue from date promised and I was not reimbursed for the time not having the car even though I was paying for it.

2) Lease agreement had higher amount than quoted when received. I was told I would be reimbursed for difference but have not been

3) Have not received license plates yet even after expired temp plates.

4) They actually have the nerve to request I refer them customers and I would get $500 bonus.

Do yourself a favor and buy from dealerships. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of dealing with Prolease. I can answer any other questions via PM.
I'm sorry to hear your woes but I don't understand how you could get yourself into this mess. Maybe leasing outside the dealer may be different but why would you:
1) Sign the lease agreement without the car being on premises to inspect and delivered upon signing
2) Sign the lease agreement with terms different than which you agreed upon. At the very least, you should have had an amended agreement attached. Although verbal contracts can be considered binding, it just makes things more complicated.
3) Allow lease payments to be made on a vehicle that wasn't delivered. Was it an automatic payment?

Unless you're extremely forgetful or too lazy, I would personally never allow automatic payments ever again. MB Financial screwed me on several payments and they show up as being 1-15days late (thank god it doesn't show up on my consumer file but it does on MB's). Cingular charged my credit card $1200 because I bought a new phone, ended my old contract and resigning a new one. Auto pay sucks but your leasing company sucks more